cropped AMC GLOBLE 1

Student Visa

Australian Student Visa

According to a recent survey, Australia is one of the most popular destinations for Prospective students to live and study. The land down under boasts nearly 1,200 academic institutions where individuals can study from Primary to Higher Education Levels. Additionally, seven Aussie Institutes were included in the list of top ten universities around the world. 

To add another feather to the cap, Australia supports and promotes International Students coming to study each year. 


Before you set out on your journey as a student in Australia, you need to be armed with the Student Visa, also known as Subclass 500. This visa gives you the freedom to live, learn and work in the country for up to five years, in accordance with the timeline of your course of study. 


The first step in applying for a Student Visa is ensuring whether you’re eligible for one or not. If you can check out all of the following points, you’re good to go: 

  • As a student, you must be a minimum of 6 years of age to apply for a Student Visa. Note: there is no maximum age limit. 
  • You must already be enrolled in a full-time study course for your visa to be processed. For this, you should provide a CoE (Certificate of Enrolment)
  • In case you are enrolled in more than one course, you need to mention the CoE codes for each of them in your visa application. Your visa will only cover the courses for which the CoE codes you have already provided. 
  • There are certain situations where you will not need to provide a CoE. These will be applicable: If you are studying under a Scholarship Programme that has been approved by the Australian Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade. If you’ve been sponsored by the Australian Department of Defense. If you are a Secondary Exchange student. If you are a Postgraduate Research Student residing in Australia while your thesis is pending. 
  • You will also be required to provide written proof of your English speaking skills, and level of proficiency (There are multiple tests you can undergo to provide these such as IELTS, TOEFL or a Cambridge certified Advanced English course). 
  • You should meet the health requirements and standards. This rule will also apply to any family members who will be traveling with you. 
  • You should also possess the proper health insurance. As a student, you can earn the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) by following the step-by-step process available online. 


According to the Department of Home Affairs, Australian Government, it is recommended that you begin applying for your Visa at least 6 weeks before your course itself begins.

Make sure you have all the Required Documents on hand along with sufficient copies. You can find a Document Checklist online. The list will include 

  • the Passport of your Native Country 
  • Cricos Codes or any other document from your Education Provider. 


Post the visa application process, you might be required to provide biometrics so make sure you have this step cleared. 

Check and see whether you have an eligible health certificate and meet Australia’s health standards. 

Last but not the least, make sure you’re stocked up on all the details, and information and meet all the standards to earn a Subclass 500. Happy applying!

facebook post 4

Australian migration is a very complex process so it is always advised to consult with a professional before you proceed with the application.

773 7730332 contact us vector png transparent png 1
Scroll to Top
× How can we help you?