cropped AMC GLOBLE 1

Temporary Graduate Visa (485/476)

Visa 485: An Australian Ticket for International Students

The Temporary Graduate visa  ( 485) is a temporary visa that allows international students to live, study and work in Australia after you have finished your studies. It is a great way to gain valuable work experience and to improve your English language skills.

What is a Visa 485?

At first sound, Visa 485 seems like a ticket to a secret mission doesn’t it? In a nutshell, that’s basically what it is.

A Graduate Temporary Subclass 485 Visa, simply known as Visa 485, is a ticket for International Graduate Students to travel to other countries for further education, and work, and eventually expand their potential for greater opportunities. So yes, it’s nothing short of an important mission.

Many aspiring international students may have been aware of what a Visa 485 is. But what we’re really here to tell you are the details of this Visa, who can apply, who will be considered, and all the possible ups and downs.



Check whether or not you are eligible for a Visa 485. The first step is to ensure that you pass the ‘Australian Study Requirement’ test:

  • Have a completed degree, diploma, or any trade qualification. These can range from Masters, Graduate Diplomas, and PhDs.
  • You’ve studied in a CRICOS course, which is a certified list of courses recommended to International Students.
  • You’ve studied and completed 2 Years or at least 92 weeks of the CRICOS registered course.
  • The course syllabus was taught and instructed entirely in English.
  • Your studies should be in accordance with your current Visa. Note: This area will be issue-free if you’re in Australia with a Student Visa.


Whichever stream you’re an option for, there are a set of simple conditions:

  • You should be under or 50 years of age to apply.
  • You should be in possession of an eligible Visa.
  • You ought to have a Student Visa, earned in the last 6 months.
  • Make sure you provide documents relating to your health, as well as that of your family and/or other applicants.
  • You will also be required to provide proof of your English proficiency. You can tick this off by taking an IELTS test at any Australian IELTS Test Center.

As proof of your English Language Proficiency, you can also supply the following documents:

  • A Passport from either the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, or New Zealand.
  • An IELTS certificate with an average score of 6 or at least 5 in each subject.
  • A TOEFL test with a total score of 64, with a minimum score of 4 in listening and reading, and a minimum score of 14 in writing and speaking.
  • A Cambridge (CAE) certificate with an average score of 169, and a minimum of 154 in each band.

Good Luck future Visa 485 holders!

Australian migration is a very complex process so it is always advised to consult with a professional before you proceed with the application.

773 7730332 contact us vector png transparent png 1
Scroll to Top
× How can we help you?