cropped AMC GLOBLE 1

PARTNER 820 & 801 VISA

Partner visas (subclasses 820 and 801) allow an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia with their partner or spouse.
The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is first issued and allows you to stay in Australia for 24 months; after that, you may be eligible for a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).

You must be married to or in a de facto relationship with one of the following:

an eligible New Zealand citizen who is an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
If you meet the following criteria, you may be given an 820/801 visa:

Under Australian law, your marriage must be legal. If you are 16 or 17 years old, this implies you must have parental authorization.
For at least 12 months, you must have been in a de facto partnership.
If you are currently residing in Australia at the time of your application.
You already have another form of visa, such as a student, visiting, or working holiday visa.
You do not have the criterion “8503 – No further stay.”
Ensure that you are in good health and have a good moral character.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top
× How can we help you?